Greenville, SC CE Academy
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
June 05, 2013
4 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
08:00 AM Registration
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: IMU07C
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Kent Bradshaw
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker
Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Savety Communications.
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Phil Devore
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
12:00:00 PM Lunch sponsored by Steve Loftis with NCFI
Sustainable Design uses for Large Opening Wall Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: SD0001
AIA Provider: Nanawall Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Mark Briggs
Learning Objective 1: Familiarize attendees with terminology, capabilities, and usage of large
operable glass walls
Learning Objective 2: Provide answers of how large operable glass walls play a vital role in
sustainable /GREEN design
Learning Objective 3: Demonstrate how the function of operable glass wall systems improve
the Health, Safety, and Welfare of building occupants
Learning Objective 4: Illustrate new ideas to tke into the design process of schools, hospitals,
and other commercial applications and to help attendees through that
2:00 PM TBD
3:10 PM TBD
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes. When changes are final, this will no longer say “Preliminary”.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> AIA HSW/SD CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.